Subject: Re: LW4.0 and physics , an open letter to NewTek
From: [email-masked] (Mark Thompson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 95 13:53:46 EST

>   I think everyone who use LW and/or the toaster will agree that there's really
> just one or two major features that are lacking ; namely procedural textures
> and some kind of kinematics.

Sorry, but I completely disagree. Of greatest interest to me are non-physics
based animation tools. Dynamics and kinematics are of interest, but are only
useful for a very small percentage of typical work. I'd much rather be able
to apply variables and equations to animation parameters and do so independantly
for each motion channel. Being able to specify things like object 1's X motion
equals 2x object 2's pitch + object 3's Y - (frame * 2.8), and alter these
equations over time can be extremely powerful (yet reletively simple to implement
compared to dynamics). I also want more versatility with bones and a better
method to confine their influence. A *GOOD* implementation of IK is also high
on my list. Any tools that can aide in character animation of greatest importance
to me.
     *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
     *           Mark Thompson               (603) 424-1829       *
     *         Fusion Films Inc.           [email-masked]     *
     *     Radiant Image Productions                              *
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~